View Single Post
Old 05.15.2009, 10:48 AM   #25
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Please, I am not about to write a formal critique of American Libertarianism on a message board.

In short, I am skeptical that Libertarianism can deliver and protect those values anymore than the major parties can deliver on theirs. I am also skeptical that those values can insure any more peace, happiness, or efficiency for both society and the individual than a totalitarian state.

As for Libertarianism in the United States of America today, I can't see how that would manifest in anything other than corporate confederacy.

I get it, they believe in Capitalism (free market), & that's the evil political belief where a person has an unlimited right to contract. Which I admit, it has it's faults. But MOST people have the common sense not to commit fraud, insider trading, etc., which is why I'd rather have people of the local level regulating their own means of production.

In short, Libertarianism is not about a political party, it's abut an idea. Unlike Rep. / Dem. which have goals & agendas, libertarians believe in humanity enough to let individuals decide for themselves what is right & what is wrong.

If you're skeptical of that then, there's probably nothing I can say that will persuade you otherwise. To each his own, which ironically is what Libertarianism is all about.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|