View Single Post
Old 07.06.2006, 06:06 PM   #189
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
I play drums for a band called Slammin' B-O-D. We barely exist, or shall I say, all of us are still friends and talk about playing again, but we haven't practiced in months. The sound is retarded, neg-vibe knuckledragging scumrock soaked in sarcasm. Influences are No Trend, Bunny Brains, Flipper, Skarekrau Radio, and Stick Men With Rayguns.

Shortly after we played our first show with Hustler White, Mikaela's Fiend, and Pussygutt, we caught a listen of Pissed Jeans and realized that that's the sound we were really going for. So, if we ever play again, I think we're gonna dumb it down even more.

I'm also in a rotating-door kinda improv thing called Outer Zoning Committee which plays live in support of touring bands when no other local band is available. We just sorta "convene" the Committee in emergency session and aim to compliment the style of the band we're supporting. We can do the moan-wave vocal thing over a sorta free-jazz circle masturbation, and I do the drums in that, too.

I got tapped to drum for Gang Wizard four times, and I've played bass for them twice. That was the most fun I've had playing with a band, and I hope to be asked to conspire with them more someday.
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|