View Single Post
Old 07.07.2010, 01:23 PM   #85
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
how do they feel disenfranchised? examples not vague theories.

europe is a large place, very large so the idea that one small community in a country feels bad because they didnt get town planning to build their mosque doesnt mean all of europe's muslims are the same way. if one community in Missouri doesn't get planning for their mosque are all american muslims disenfranchised? listen to the examples people have written here about how there are no problems in the communities they live in for muslims to openly seek their own religion.

where are you getting your theories from? what are you basing any of this on?

I get you, but with this thread point blank, if in Marsaille the mosque is not allowed to be built, it will provoke not only local French muslims who are currently meeting for prayer in basements and living rooms, but will become a spearhead for a larger outrage. Remember how absolutely pissed off the European muslims were about that cartoon depicting the Prophet? The fire spread far and wide across muslim communities in many European cities and regions..

This particular mosque in rural france is symbolic of a larger issue, and this very problem is playing itself out in a dozen places across the continent. Much like the FIFA thread, I am not going to dig up hours and hours of news articles to document all this, sorry Jon Boy, you either got to take me on my word on this or not, but for the past few years there has been a growing trend of intolerance against European muslims, specifically blocked or opposing their places of worship. If you can't see it, nothing I can do will show you, and I am sorry we disagree, but you simply accusing me of being ambiguous is silly and aside from the point entirely..

Its nothing personal, and yet the way you threw back some old gripe about the Holocaust to me makes me sad that you seem to be making it as such..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|