Thread: Sleepin Around
View Single Post
Old 08.30.2009, 02:08 PM   #64
dasx
children of satan

dasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
most of the time, with sonic youth at least, i don't care about the lyrics -- overall i think most of their lyrics are pretty good, they fit the songs, and 'sound cool' more-so than 'mean something to me', which i guess is what some people seek in lyrics. there are very, very few (shockingly few, actually) SY songs where i feel like the music doesn't cut it. however, in rare instances the lyrics can be so distracting to actually devalue the song, no matter how much it rocks (and i don't particularly think 'sleepin around' is high on their list of compositions, instrumentally, but it does indeed 'rock'), and this song is definitely one of those instances.

that said, perhaps if kim had sang it, it would've sounded awesome. she has a gift for turning lyrical shit to gold, sometimes...

I definitely agree with you.
dasx is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|