View Single Post
Old 04.12.2014, 02:40 PM   #67
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I don't that Sonic Youth isn't that caliber of band, indeed, after 30 years and 20-plus records (including side-projects and SYRs) surely they are one of the most durable and prolific "indie" (shit ANY) bands EVER..

But again, I don't think they have the kind of mass appeal neither mass influence. You could credit them for helping to spark the "alternative" movement by being one of the first indie bands to get signed by a major label, but that major signing never actually translated into major success. They had like, what, ONE kind-of-hit SINGLE (Bull in the Heather)I just don't think many contemporary bands would even remotely be able to cite Sonic Youth as an influence.. Really, they haven't been influential to new bands and new scenes since the 1990s..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|