View Single Post
Old 03.13.2016, 12:50 PM   #14
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Its likely you may have only heard their crappy studio albums? For years i agreed with you until i was finally exposed to their live material

You really think that's "likely?" As though live dead albums are somehow in short supply? Nah man, there's more live Dead out there than studio Dead by far. And I'm talking about the official stuff, here. Mostnof the band's available official releases are live collections or concerts. It's also not exactly a secret that the Dead are considered a better live band than a studio band.

Also, the Grateful Dead are not for everyone. The music is a weird combination of progressive and extremely traditional. I know a lot of folks who just don't like them and don't "get" why they're one of the most celebrated bands, with some of the most loyal fans in history. Think about it, if you get into other "classic rock" at a young age like Zeppelin, Cream, Sabbath, Hendrix, The Who, and then you give the Dead a spin expecting that they're going to be similar, you might be very disappointed.

Shrug.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|