View Single Post
Old 10.12.2018, 12:50 PM   #10951
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I watched the game again last night. Your original point about a stalemate was right. Both managers made key tactical changes to their usual style and were probably guilty of showing each other too much respect. Watching the game again, the one player who really stood out was Henderson - a player I love but one who tends to go unnoticed in such a usually attack-minded team. Equally I'd say LaPorte was probably City's best player. But neither team were really in their comfort zone, which probably explains why a usually reliable player like Bernardo Silva, playing deeper than usual, was making so many silly on the ball mistakes and why Mane couldn't make any kind of impact at all.

It was a spikey game from both sides and I think overall the ref did ok. Fernandinho got off lightly but the same could be said for Wijnaldum and Lovren. The Anfield atmosphere was intense (Sterling was getting hassle the whole game) so it wasn't the easiest game to referee.
yeah. not sure if it was guilt of caution or the wisdom of prudence. the tie worked well for both teams i suppose. a good hedge at least. but yes, a lack of fireworks is sometimes the price of a winning strategy.

i still remember pep in the man city documentary talking about how he’s afraid of liverpool’s attackers. he uses those words. i forget if it’s “im afraid” or “they scare me” but it’s a clear acknowledgment of respect for the opponent.

and milner leaving was bad for liverpool, wasnt it? they didnt work the same without him.

i didn’t like the ref. i never like that ref actually. i dont know his name yet but i know his face by now. seen him a number of times now and he always sucks, ha ha ha.

bundesliga btw has introduced var and it works better than this nonsense or what we’re seeing in the champions. yes there will always be errors and disputes about var, but i believe the margin of error is greatly reduced with that tool, and it’s no greater delay than players getting in the ref’s face for an unjust call.

dont know what i’ll do this weekend without football. probably have a little halloween film festival instead.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|