View Single Post
Old 09.16.2018, 10:39 PM   #10798
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I'd say players like Chicharito are being slowly phased out of the Prem altogether (at least until they become fashionable again), as even the lower ranked teams appear to be embracing a more fluid, essentially total football attitude to players roles and positions. Although very different players, in terms of their adaptability and sheer work rate, the Prem strikers that I think best embody that are Lukaku, Firminho and (when he's properly fit) Kane. But their equivalents are also at lower ranked teams now: Arnie at West Ham (essentially a false 9), Josh King at Bournemouth, Zaha at Palace, etc. I don't know what it's like in other leagues but I think there's less and less options for players like Chicharito, in the Prem at least.
Again, until they come back into fashion.

Also on the substitution, it was enforced but I'm glad Pellegrini had on one level the sense not to go all out for another goal but not go fully defensive either. I'm not suddenly pretending West Ham's troubles are over (it's Chelsea next, then MU) but for the 1st time this season they were playing some decent football. Anderson and Yarmo also finally showing good signs.
i was thinking that chícharo was being ineffectual on his own, but him not having a place in the system would be a more logical reason for his decreased output.

and yes they were playing decent football at last. not beautiful, it was rather chaotic most of the time, but very nice goals actually. you’re the anti-wolves hahaha. much improved though.

although everton was also a bit of a mess (no offense h8kurdt) which means increased opportunities. but hey, goals redeem all.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|