View Single Post
Old 07.26.2017, 10:12 PM   #1444
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Tennant definitely dominates the modern era as much as I'd say Baker dominated the earlier one. I do prefer the earlier era but I'd say the one thing (besides Tennant) that really has succeeded in this one is the companions. They were mainly just a fun element in the earlier era (motivated mostly, im sure, jto get the dads watching) but they've really come into their own now. I'd go so far as to say Rose pretty much carried the Ecclestone season and Donna Noble was something else altogether. Not to say there haven't been some duds but I would say the best companions from this era walk all over the best the earlier one had to offer. I'd also say Missy is a great idea forf the Master, although it remains to be seen where they go with that.

Out of interest, which two are you thinking of?

Well, I kind of meant 1-2 episode small arcs in general, as opposed to half-season and full-season arcs, which just leveled up insanely with the creative team behind Smith, and Capaldi.

BUT, as I was typing that, I could name off hand the best Tennant episodes in my opinion, and I think they're probably the best Doctor Who episodes I've ever seen.

They are (CLOSE YOUR EYES SYMBOLS!):

1. "Midnight"
2. "The Impossible Planet" & "The Satan Pit"
3. "Silence in the Library"

^^ these are behind just great Who, or great SF. These are great fucking televisions, great fucking FILM. "Midnight" might be the greatest bottleneck episode in the history of television.

Yep. These are my undeniable faves. Agree?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|