View Single Post
Old 05.24.2017, 01:33 PM   #1188
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
as I was saying

as you were dodging, the question has been dodged. i'm not gonna push you if you wanna avoid it. avoidance = achieved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Serious question: what are the ethics of pirating something that has long been out of print, and can only be purchased in used condition?

finally, a good one!

off the top of my head i'd say it's a lesser issue than the regular kind, since the issue of availability is an attenuating circumstance.

it's still unethical though, if we're going to be precise, but less so than withdrawing demand out of an active market.

it's not like we're talking about preserving antiquities from destruction. it's still piracy.

BUT if you take into account that the value of used items potentially increases, and there is a market for used items, i'd say the sellers of used items could claim to have been harmed--rather than the original producers

in any case i'm doing searches for good discussion on the issues. gtg back to work but will be posting links
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|