Thread: drugs/music
View Single Post
Old 08.19.2009, 10:58 PM   #16
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Hallucinogenics can make you think/experience beyond the limits of yr ego and all....but there are a lot of other things that can do the same thing. Meditate, record yr dreams etc. I personally think that drugs tend to be used as a cop-out mode of mind expansion. And that many times, they bring out false epiphanies. That being said, I don't think that drugs are necessarily bad, at least not much worse than a lot of other shit. They can be a hell of a lot of fun. And sometimes jamming out on them can be fun. But I really think that they are often overrated in the process of producing art. I don't really like the mystification about them being the key to creative power that we attribute to them.

Also, I've found that drugs/alcohol tend to distract people from actually being productive.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|