Thread: SY for kids
View Single Post
Old 07.13.2008, 03:05 PM   #25
ellesibee
empty page

ellesibee is just really niceellesibee is just really niceellesibee is just really niceellesibee is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
What about Mozart for Babies.

SY's music contains adult themes. It might be a bit much for early brain development...

IMHO

I see your point, and I would never play them music blaring lyrics telling the kids to smoke crack and go drunk driving. I don't want to limit their exposure to one type of music, though... and they definitely are not being deprived of all of the "normal" childhood tunes. And I don't know... this is just a hypothetical question, I thought it would be interesting to see what other people would play for kids if they had to play them Sonic Youth. Maybe I will expose them to some one day, maybe I won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HECKLER SPRAY
Catholic Block ? Contre le sexisme ?
No....
Seriously, I'd say... "Or", "Dude Ranch nurse", "Peace Attack", or something like that.

mildred pierce, perhaps? . Or is awesome... I just realized it's a great naptime song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
Obviously there are Sonic Youth songs that might be inappropriate (especially for somebody taking care of other peoples' children) but to write off everything the band does as inaccessible to kids is really pretty elitist.

Thanks for understanding, Dead-Air... I'm not trying to corrupt the kids' perceptions.
ellesibee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|