View Single Post
Old 12.19.2007, 12:26 PM   #17
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Electronica. Most of the prefixes put in front of it are ultimately superfluous, at least the majority of the time. IDM is a dumb American way of describing electronic music, and rather naff.

i'm not so sure about that. i'm not the biggest fan of IDM, but there's a world of difference between that and, say, some happy hardcore or chemical brothers or some shit...both of which would still be classified as electronica. so in some cases, maybe the adjectives or titles given to genres are actually kinda helpful. i know i'd be pissed if my thought process was "man, autechre and super_collider are awesome...and both groups made of two guys.....so are the chemical brothers....i guess i'll buy this chemical brothers album." sometimes that's how i discover new music, and all those extra little doodads and genre descriptions help keep me from having large stacks of junk cds or having to waste money to drive across town to sell them off at the used record store.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|