View Single Post
Old 03.19.2007, 10:01 AM   #78
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Amen. No other person has put my point accross better than this.

oy, porks, it's quite easy to agree with the obvious. that sopranos episode when pauly refuses the food and asks for some "gravy" is absolutely hilarious. i agree with that post too for what it's worth. and let me add that from the point of view of latin americans, u.s. "hispanics" are a bunch of uncultured freaks who are destroying the spanish language.

however--

you can't regulate from an internet pulpit how millions of people choose to think about themselves. the chicago river will be dyed green every year regardless of what you or toilet or other english people think--

the thing is, your logic doesn't travel well across the atlantic, because you guys don't understand america & americans. sure your logic is correct within the confines of your context and experience, but why do english people assume that everyone else shares their point of view? it's a matter of perspective, not of absolutes, and it takes a bit more than good rhethorical abilities to comprehend that. now im not saying that americans are great at understanding anyone else's perspective either. they suck at it! but this provides me an opportunity for many laughs. in any case, millions of people who have never even set foot in ireland still call themselves "irish" today and, while this seems absurd to you, it makes perfect sense to them.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|