View Single Post
Old 01.11.2018, 08:11 PM   #488
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Kendrick Lamar is one of those artists who you just instinctively know is absolute trash without having actually heard them.

Thought i'd entertain the thought; Just managed 30 seconds of a track called Stars on youtube before I had to turn it off after nausea kicked in when the auto-tune vocals started. Managed 10 seconds of another song where he's repeating the same words over and over. He basically sounds derelict. That's me done. Lel.

Wow, really? That’s the first Kendrick song you’ve ever heard? The one for the superhero movie? The first one that I’ve ever seen get a negative review? Laaaaame.

You know... it’s not actually cool to not know about stuff. This is something it took me a long time to learn. You perceive something to be unworthy, cuz yr punk or whatever (not YOU you, but “you” in general... “one”) and then things change and suddenly you live in an era where one of the most subversive artists in music is not on your radar because you don’t do stuff that isn’t pure feedback or harsh noise or known by nobody, etc.

Times have a’changed, and you’re missing out.

Listen to this and at least give him a fair shake:

Kendrick Lamar - “The Blacker the Berry”

What you did is like judging the Beatles based on “Yellow Submarine.” (Dumb.)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|