View Single Post
Old 12.20.2018, 02:00 PM   #18
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
my wishlist is a lot smaller than that:

1. Silver Mt Zion: their last full length album was already in 2014, so it's way time for a new one. Very curious how it will sound like as over the years their musical style has been changing rather drastically from very very soft to very very loud and I don't think they can get much louder than on their last release. Don't even know if they still exist actually, with both Efrim and Jessica having solo albums out and touring for them

Shit, yeah. A Silver Mt. Zion (or “THEE Silver Mt. Zion” or just “Silver Mt. Zion” or whatever they were when they left off) used to be one of my top 10 favorite bands.

I’m ashamed to admit that I haven’t thought about them much in the last couple years, but you’re right: “Fuck off, Get Free...” was really something — and, frankly, a step up from “Kollaps Tradixionales” and a MAJOR improvement over “13 Blues for 13 Moons.”

It demanded more of my attention and playtime than any of the last three GY!BE albums.

I have no idea what they’re up to as a group now, if anything, but I’d love to see them circle back to the electronic atmospherics and genre-splitting sound of what I believe are their stringest releases — the “Pretty Little Lightning Paw” and “This is Our Punk Rock...” EPs. *Man* that was some unearthly good shit.

I’d say “Microphones in the Trees” is like a hypercondensed improvement on everything Radiohead was trying to do at the time, and “More Action! Less Tears!” is as anthemic as any Godspeed track.

Miss that iteration of that particular assortment of that larger collective of Canadian post-rockers.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|