View Single Post
Old 02.15.2012, 02:29 PM   #10
Dude McDude
bad moon rising

Dude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe i'm already pointing out something already mentioned, but a good start to get marxism - or economy in general - is to distinguish the means of production from the politics of distribution. It's also important to learn the difference between marxist theory and communism. Marx' rejected the first political program based on his idea, claiming something like "if this is Marxism, then rest assured i'm not a Marxist". As far as i know certain forms of communism aren't fair representations of Marxist theory.

This means in plain english that even though there are effective ways to accumulate a shitload of money, it says nothing about who gets what and what would be considered a fair distribution.

Marx proposed something along the line that those who work are pretty much the only ones that should have a saying on what to do with what is produced, in contrast to the capitalist idea of making a profit through extracting surplus value by controlling the means of production. Having written this i am not a marxist myself, so anybody affiliated with his theories may feel free to correct my crap.

As far as i know Marx' analysis of surplus value is agreed upon by capitalist theorist. I could be wrong, though.

the colony of unlimited power will pass a despot of hardly any man
Dude McDude is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|