View Single Post
Old 07.06.2017, 10:32 AM   #378
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions

And Batman #26 is good stuff. Want to hear your thoughts!

I was pretty goddamn unimpressed by this to be honest. The spreads are nice, but they're being used as filler. Literal page-filler because there's not enough story.

Batman's narration is ... lacking. "I was the Dark Knight... I was the world's greatest detective... the caped crusader... I was ... a superhero." [END]

What? Really? That's terrible and stupid and no way to end a comic book.

I'm worried this whole "War of jokes and riddles" thing is just a circle-jerk for the artists. There's not much to it. The first issue was at least interesting, and had some nice dramatic moments, but this was a let-down.

And I don't like this versio of the Riddler. He's, like, ripped and looks like a total douchebag. I want Joker to shoot him in the head.

The fact that the Riddler is a big enough threat to pose a challenge to the Joker is (no pun intended) a joke. He's a corny villain, and he's at his best when he's written as kind of weak and opportunistic, bouncing back and forth between being a "good guy" and being a manipulative fuck (a la Hush).

The art is good, but the story needs to improve for me to keep reading.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|