View Single Post
Old 07.03.2017, 11:46 AM   #365
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
yeah we've had Hulu for a year or two now. It's great for older tv shows actually. Not that it's a selling point for you exactly, but we're wrapping up the final season of Dawson's Creek again right now haha.

Anyway, good to know Legion's on there now. I can stream Hulu in my game room no problem. I also kinda want to give Iron Fist a shot before Defenders comes out.

Iron Fist was a really tough sell for me at first, but eventually it kinda found its sweet spot, and I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would. It's got a lot of problems, and the first few episodes are just... wow... total junk. But eventually it gets there.

It is absolutely no Jessica Jones or Daredevil season 2 or even Daredevil season 1, but in the end it's probably as good as Luke Cage. I like the Luke Cage part of Luke Cage, and I like Cottonmouth and Shades, but everyone else in that show just kinda pissed me off, and it felt like it was kind of glomming onto a bunch of different black stereotypes at the same time.

Warning though: Iron Fist really wants to be a Nicolas Winding Refn movie. Like a mix of Drive and Only God Forgives. You know how JJ had a detective/noir trope, and Luke Cage had a blacksploitatiom/Harlem/Shaft trope? Well, Iron Fist ATTEMPTS to have a kind of updated '80s action movie trope, with harsher realities and deep techno music and stuff (again, Drive and Only God Forgives), but it ends up failing because that "updated cheesy action made super-serious" thing Refn does is still too new to even BE a trope, so it just feels like plagiarism.

That's all cinema crap though. As entertainment, it's fine. Perfectly fine.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|