View Single Post
Old 06.12.2007, 06:01 AM   #32
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
as for amy winehouse being indie or not, i'm on the sonic youth board. and sonic youth is far from being indie. not to mention that i like the deftones, system of a down, tool, toadies, the list goes on and on and i don't need to defend myself.

system of a down? tool? you're harping on amy winehouse, but you listen to a bunch of whining by maladjusted 30-30 somethings who can barely hold a fucking note? come on! you want to talk about one's public persona, then talk about the reverend maynard james keenan who, at the young age of 43, is still runs around stage in makeup and a speedo, all the while pretending to be subversive. the "cries of the carrots" indeed.

and despite the fact that sonic youth are on geffen, they very much so possess the indie rock aesthetic. sometimes it's less an issue of what label they're on and more the sound and attitude of a band, but who fucking cares if something's "indie" or not.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|