View Single Post
Old 04.24.2009, 01:02 PM   #24944
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Now I'm listening to Watching From a Distance by Warning. This is my favorite black metal album ever besides Weakling's Dead as Dreams.

Warning are a U.K. Doom band fronted by vocalist/guitarist Pat Walker(cousin of John Walker member of Soltice another U.K. Doom band.) Watching from a Distance contains possibly the most obliterating and crushing doom metal riffs ever laid down on tape. I have albums from Candlemass and Solitude Aeternus, Trouble and so forth, but imho this destroys them all. The guitar work gives off a gray atmosphere, beautifully melodic and expertly played. The bass at times seems to play another melodic line altogether different but so fitting. The drumming is organic, heavy, slow and precise.The vocals have sort of a nasal tone, but after subsequent listens they correlate with the music perfectly. The lyrical content is about love and loss. And if you don't feel emotion from this music; sorrow and mournful, then your not breathing. Maybe the difference from the above-mentioned bands is Warning infuse some "funeral doom" into their mix. Whatever it is, I have never heard such a monumental work in this specific genre. Do Not pass this up if you like Doom, for this is an essential album. Look around for this, you can haul it for much cheaper.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|