View Single Post
Old 03.24.2006, 01:08 AM   #10
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky
Sonic Youth to my understanding,
aren't really known for having songs with tangible connections to other songs on the same album, or across the catalogue.
but have you ever percieved any?
Just as in, are there any songs you like to put together?
Spit um out and let's chat about it.
Also, if it's all you've got, be a drag and discuss any SY songs which are soundalikes.

(real!) examples:
i think of Bull in the Heather and Heather Angel as a pair,
kim's vox in the beginning of Heather Angel and the guitar throughout sound like ideas from Bull in the Heather being shone through a kaliedescope.

the first few times i listened to Daydream Nation I thought The Wonder was meant to pick up where Eric's Trip ended. "There's something moving over there to the right, like nothing i've ever seen" to "See flashing eyes" and the rest of that first part. I feel like i was just confused at the time, but i haven't forgotten about thinking so...
//
ok, let's go!

And the OBVIOUS:

Karen Koltrane
Karen Revisited
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|