View Single Post
Old 08.19.2008, 03:41 PM   #125
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
On the 'can rock bands just be rock bands any more?', I think there's a degree of taste affecting things. They might not be as Guns big or as Jovi pop, but someone like Slipknot or ICP (to their fans) are big rock 'fuck you's to their parents. Whether I like them or not [Slipknot a bit, ICP not at all], that's what they do for 'the kids'. And if it's about fucking around and taking drugs, well, someone like Sunn O))) are clearly fighting the drug corner, as are plenty of others. Are Nickleback living that 'rock excess'? Possibly, or probably not (whatever the weather they're shit). I think the problem is that someone likes of Guns, Jovi, Aerosmith or whoever (regardless of whether I like them or not) just haven't had any tunes. Things will change, I'm sure.

I strongly suspect that the biggest junk-fiends doing the rounds at the moment are most likely Westlife. They're clearly always on the nose-fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|