View Single Post
Old 01.04.2007, 08:44 AM   #111
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Fear is the important word there. I think many people would agree that fear of thuggery and crime is a worse problem than actual thuggery and crime. I frequently feel threatened if I'm walking down a street and there's a group of ten or so rough-looking kids walking towards me, but the worst that's ever happened to me is that I've had to step into the street because they don't move aside. The media, particularly our good friends the tabloid newspapers, create an atmosphere of fear, giving the impression that you can't leave the house without body armour for fear of being stabbed.

You're right sonicl....
You lot on this forum are all terribly middle class, complaining about thuggery and the goverment not doing anything (which is not true in fairness, come on). I have hardly ever been confronted by these 'thugs', i just can't understand how aside from a few isolated cases in a few very, very bad areas this is even a problem. To call Britain a 'breading ground' for thuggish behaviour is hypobolic to say the least!