View Single Post
Old 10.26.2013, 03:52 PM   #22
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Whatever it takes to be a 'master filmmaker' I can't think of anyone in the indie scene that'd qualify over Spielberg. It's one thing not to like the kinds of movies he tends to make but to question his ability even at the very highest level is absurd. Jaws, ET, Raiders, Close Encounters. When it comes to a certain kind of movie the guy's a flat out genius. End of.
technically he's a genius from the get-go (e.g., "duel"), thematically however he often picks up crap stuff that targets middle america ("hook"), and his casting choices aren't my favorite either (e.g. tom hanks or tom cruise or robin williams). then again, he's made 50 movies. 50.

once i watched "empire of the sun" expecting some shitballs but he blew me away. it was j.g. ballard's writing though, and john malkovich, etc. oh, and a very tiny christian bale, ha ha ha. i used to hate spielberg until i watched that and made peace with the fact that he can make some amazing shit. i hate jurassic pork and e.t. and a lot of other of his stuff. surprisingly though, i liked a.i.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|