View Single Post
Old 07.07.2011, 07:42 AM   #34
ciconnesonicy
empty page

ciconnesonicy kicks all y'all's assesciconnesonicy kicks all y'all's assesciconnesonicy kicks all y'all's assesciconnesonicy kicks all y'all's assesciconnesonicy kicks all y'all's assesciconnesonicy kicks all y'all's assesciconnesonicy kicks all y'all's assesciconnesonicy kicks all y'all's assesciconnesonicy kicks all y'all's assesciconnesonicy kicks all y'all's assesciconnesonicy kicks all y'all's asses
Hi,
I have a few faves, but all classical and older pieces.

There are two pieces you need to listen to right now:they arer older, but I want you to listen to classics, go listen to these: tell me what you think.
1) Hector Berioz: symphonie fantastic ( no 5), or the whole thing: of course the whole thing will take a while to get through. Try to read about the story behind it.
2) Penderecki: threnody for the victims of hiroshima. this is scarey

I honestly believe the untimate composer and piece to listen to (in its entire form) is Hector Berlioz- Symphonie Fantastique- Now this is not a modern piece, but Wow. The story and themes behind it, is truely in a world of its own. I had to stuy this piece for a year. I remember the haunting witches theme.

Modern Classical: Phillip Houghton, Richard Charlton, John Cage.

Old faves: Chopin (great piano solos), Penderecki (I think thats how to spell it??), Penderecki has chilling music, esp, his thronody for the victims of Hiroshima, which has an eerie sound, a wall of violins which are also similar in cult movies such as Phsycho. - listen to this: Penderecki- threnody for the victims of hiroshima.
ciconnesonicy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|