Thread: your top 10 cds
View Single Post
Old 11.15.2007, 11:29 PM   #140
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onani Nic
its hard to say but i'll try.....

the stooges- funhouse (number one forever)
sleep- jerusalem/dopesmoker
wu-tang clan- 36 chambers: enter the wu-tang
rocket from the tombs- the day the earth met....
neu- neu
wolf eyes- burned mind
big black- songs about fucking
boris- amplifier worship
black flag- damaged (actually i like the first half of the first four years best but the second half isn't great)

i love all these, 36 chambers is the best hip hop alblum ever, undisputed, and ranks with loveless ok computer and every other seminal album you wanna throw at me to argue. ive always drawn a connection between rza and people like brian wilson and brian eno, in that they all have a keen ear for sound melody and beats and are capable of making the most beautiful noises from these sounds, just that he comes from a vastly different background. Rza is the urban Aphex Twin! On a side note, Funhouse is also my undisputed favorite, songs about fuckin is in my top 10, damaged def top 20 at least, i also love boris, sleeo, neu, to some extent i like wolf eyes (i think there are way better "noise rock" bands), love neu, love rocket, i like ur list. i didnt even bother makin this list, id feel like im leaving out somethin and that id have to represent the best alblums of all the types of music i love.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|