View Single Post
Old 03.01.2016, 10:31 AM   #943
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I never hear Kanye played on "black" radio, whether it be the "classic hip hop" station or the 3 that play current hip hop here in Houston. I never heard Public Enemy on black radio either, until the oldies hip hop market started, and then I hear them on late saturdays when the DJ is feeling adventurous.

I don't listen to to radio much, but I've heard "Stronger" a ton of times. "Christmas in Harlem" is another one that get a ton of play during the holidays. That's a great song by the way, overlooked in the Kanye canon because it's a non-album track, but a genuinely great song.

I think a lot it has to do with the fact that most of Kanye's music since 2010 has been extremely non radio friendly. I heard "Bound 2" a few times, but other than that I'm not sure what would get a lot of air play from the last few albums. Though the 808's singles did do very well... better perhaps than the album did.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|