View Single Post
Old 03.04.2019, 12:36 AM   #12
Lee is Free
Administrator

Lee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Sorry if this has already been discussed (it's been five years, after all), but I was extracting the audio from The Rising Tide: Last Night On Earth Demos And Rehearsals with Exact Audio Copy and the program froze at around 80%, which is about 17 minutes into the last track, "The Rising Tide [012313] [Dust Rehearsal Session]" (the one that lasts 25:26). — sure enough, there's a TACK-TACK-TACK-TACK sound from there until the end of the track

Hi, this thread was just brought to my attention, sorry I missed it previously. It's never been mentioned to me before. I’m pretty distressed, hearing this, especially because that last track, the 25 minute instrumental version of The Rising Tide, is one of my favorite recordings that The Dust ever made. I’ve use the original sound file at a number of different events, as soundtrack for a film, and never heard this TACK-TACK sound. (you can check it here, on VIMEO: https://vimeo.com/98704240 , or on my website under 'Videos' on the front page (the video "India, etc 2013-2014" uses this cut as soundtrack).

I am traveling for the next 2 weeks - to Barcelona to mix my new album! - but I will check CDs I have for this sound. I'm bummed the pressing is bad (if it is - I assume The Soup Nazi is correct - just dunno if it's the whole run or not). The pressing of this 2-CD set was indeed limited to 1000 copies, mostly all sold now. There might be a few left at the SY Online Store... I have just made this track available for listening or d/l to anyone who wants it on my site (leeranaldo.com)-on the front page under "
THE RISING TIDE–SOLO+BAND DEMOS 2013".
All I have access to at the moment is mp3 but I will add the hi-res file soon, though it might take until sometime after I'm back from Barcelona before that happens.

Sorry for this tech bummer! Thanks for the heads up-
---Lee
Lee is Free is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|