View Single Post
Old 08.21.2018, 05:06 PM   #8
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
I would contact Matador

The Rising Tide is a Lazy Eight set only, no Matador involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
however on Discogs it has the following on this release under notes:

"...There is a mistake with track numbers on Disc 2. Number 6 is missing so we jump from 5 to 7." Whatever that means...

It just means it's printed incorrectly on the artwork. "Lecce Leaving (Acoustic Session)" should be number 6, but it's listed as 7, and so if you go by that the disc appears to have 9 tracks, while they're actually 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
I just ripped both CD's with Exact Audio Copy and had no problems. They were converted directly to flac. I always choose the option: Action > Test & Copy Selected Tracks > Compressed, and the Compressed option is set up so that the files are converted to flac format.

And the resulting flac-files play fine in WinAmp (didn't listen to the entire discs yet of course but picking random spots on all tracks, no skipping or bad whatever anywhere.

I extract and convert the audio just like you say. The sonic problem (huh) isn't anywhere but where I indicated, from approximately 17 minutes into the second disc's last track until its end.

Quote:
edit:
yes, I've got EAC setup in Secure Mode with following options:
- Enabled: 'Accurate Stream' feature
- Disabled: Drive caches audio data
- Disabled: Drive is able to retrieve C2 error information

Again, same configuration, although I've also tweaked it sometimes.

Quote:
if you have the cache option enabled, perhaps you could try with the option disabled? Maybe cache can't handle larger files? I've no idea if that makes any sense.

Here's where we arrive to the crux of the issue: the fact that the disc shows the same fuckedupness when played on a standalone/stereo system CD player proves the disc itself, not the extraction, is the problem. And since, as rappard correctly points out (and I should have factored this in before), "There's only one edition/pressing (limited to 1000 copies)", then shit is what it is.

[Major depression sinks in... ]

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|