View Single Post
Old 05.13.2013, 04:14 PM   #17082
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Eh. Your explanation is generous. I'll give you that.

I was thinking, "spoliler."

Is that what you mean?

SPOILER>>>>>

no, it's not about "race", cuz it would have been easy to set up a situation where django saved the dentist, but rather, it's a common trope, since the ancient gods, that one has to die for others to live (christianity stole that), and since django had to save his wife and it's an american movie neither could die-- hence it had to be the doctor cuz he was next in line. in a french movie on the other hand they would all have died in a heroic but futile attempt before achieving victory/freedom (sisyphus!)

Quote:
Still, I hated that part.

s'allright! yeah i was like "how come these bitches are so good elsewhere but here they act like turtleheads". in retrospect, it's a bit of an arbitrary plot device, but at the time i got over it quickly. what i mean is, kill schultz to satisfy the need for human sacrifices, but kill him better.

Quote:
Great idea: let's have a prequel, dealing solely with Schultz.

oh man, that would be awesome

Quote:
ps- I thought the use of the word "cracker" was very over the line, in bad taste, and very offensive.

didn't catch that, but wouldn't have cared-- i just heard "nigger" said 9,999 times

Quote:
pss- Sorry. I don't care about spoilers, so I forget that others do.

^^^SPOILER ALERT!!!!!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|