Thread: the other news
View Single Post
Old 02.26.2019, 12:52 PM   #137
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I voted Leave and would do so if there was a 2nd refurendum.
heard after posting this that a recent survey of some 90k people showed similar results as previously, and brexit would win again. you answer here confirms this (although it’s not a significant sample size, but still, the 90k people are...)

i’ve come to think differently about this whole business lately... and reviewing my position as we speak

so, curious to learn what kind of deal you’d support and what you think are the upsides

this is not a trap/trick question, so i’ll offer my own vision— yes the european market is a kind of free trade but it’s within a heavily regulated frameork. e.g. “all phone connectors must fall within x specifications”. this might be “good for the environment” but prevents innovation.

in my perhaps idealistic view, england would have a better economic shot if it opened up trade BEYOND europe, and had free trade agreements with everyone, or as many nations as possible. in that way you’d have deeper global integration that europe herself.

on the other hand, retrenching behind the cliffs of dover would bring about economic stagnation.

ireland might be a tough spot but i dont think it’s unsolvable, especially with a more liberalized framework.

yes? no? thoughts? your take?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|