View Single Post
Old 03.04.2016, 09:12 PM   #147
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
right, except you've missed that i did make this very point about the unprovability of the entire thing a few pages back.

there is plenty of evidence to support the conclusion that larkin is lying and making a false allegation which means it did not happen.

plenty of evidence in this thread and elsewhere.

No, there are just testimonials about her character. There's no evidence that shows or proves or is even directly related to whether or not she fully consented, sound mind and body and all, to engaging in the act in question. Just as there is no direct evidence that shows or proves that she DID NOT consent. Based on what's available, if you're open to one possibility you can't negate or refuse to consider the other without harming your own reasoning.

Quote:
i feel condescended to.

Good call.

Quote:
i feel that what is being asked of me here is to say that there is a possibility grimm is telling the truth

That is exactly what is being asked of you.

Quote:
and i refuse

Then I'm afraid you are not qualified to engage in a public discourse about this. You would not be accepted as a juror if the case went to trial. You are unfit to contribute to this discussion because you have a major bias that prevents you from being impartial. You would not LEGALLY be allowed to play a part in making a decision about this. That should tell you that you're coming at this all wrong.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|