View Single Post
Old 07.07.2006, 11:08 AM   #2230
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, pretty gritty, all right. I remember taking the bus all over, like into the Lake Street area, getting off, wandering around, taking it downtown, wandering around Hennepin. Later I'd tell my suburban friends about my day and they'd go, "You went WHERE? By yourself? Are you crazy?" I had no idea, really, of any danger. Aside from thinking that big black guys selling pot on the street was pretty wild. But mostly it seemed safe and normal to me.

One of my other memories of downtown is of the sales girls in the expensive department stores. They knocked me out. They all looked like glamorous models, every one of them, and they'd look at me with that sort of cold/hot piercing look that could make you go all weak. It was just downtown that they were like that, not in the suburban shopping malls.

Bummer about Northern Lights. Damn, that kind of thing makes me sad. I hate the urban clean up that destroys everything that gave a place any soul.

Glad to hear Oarfolk survives in some incarnation. Not sure I was ever in Roadrunner. Where's that?
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|