View Single Post
Old 10.07.2010, 10:38 AM   #47
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Isn't doing an interview for GQ kind of anti-Albini? Aren't they appropriating him to sell magazines and look cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I also do not rate movies as an art form.

"art" that takes 20 producers, 300 crew and staff people, 20 actors, dozens of editors, cinematgraphers, etc is not art. it is ENGINEERING.
of course some movies are art. Of course some coffee stais are art as well.
that does not amke the media of film an art form.

I see it as a craft. 99% of movie making is not creative at all. thescreenwriter is creative. the actors themselves are creative. everyone else, from the director to the cinematographer to the lighting guy to the editor are NOT creating anything. they are putting parts created by others together to make a cohesive whole. while admirable and difficult, it is as "ART" as building a new toilet is.

Is Ballet then not an art? Or is only the music the art?

In my experience, crafting is an art.

How is Kurosawa, Kubrick, Welles, etc. not art?
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|