View Single Post
Old 12.14.2008, 06:49 PM   #4493
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I at least expect for the dialog to be entertaining or have some kind of point. I've tried to appreciate the movie on many different levels; as an anti-film, as some kind of experimental piece, etc. Really, whatever angle you look at it from, it's an embarassment to film.

The dialogue not having a point Was the point. I thought the dialogue was so spot-on as a 70's exploitation film. I mean, I'm sure you've seen tons of the real ones, and often that's what the dialogue was... it was just something pointless to kill time between the violence and nudity.

That's what Death Proof was completely. It was an 80 minute device that was designed around a (couple of) great violent scenes. In that regard, I think the movie was incredible because it accomplished that perfectly.

Also, on a side note, the music kicked ass (although the soundtrack was a bit too good for a grindhouse flick in reality, though not necessarily by miles-- remember that Sun Ra was sang in BASKET CASE).

PLANET TERROR on the other hand was in fact what I'd consider too obvious. It didn't show the same enthusiasm for the sub-genres they were intending to homage that DEATH PROOF did.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|