View Single Post
Old 08.02.2018, 09:09 AM   #22730
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Oh I haven’t seen even one episode of it.

You’re talking about Ash vs. the Evil Dead, right?

Nah, I haven’t seen a minute. How about this: Why don’t you tell me if it’s worth my time. We’ll go bizarro world on this one. Oh, and I’m fine with spoilers because I have no emotional investment in the story, what with having not seen any of it and all. Not even sure what it’s about (apart from the obvious, in the title, and existing knowledge from the movies).

Lemme know
i dont know what would be worth your time but here’s why i liked it (season 1 anyway)

* bruce fucking campbell! between the evil dead saga and “chuck finley” in burn notice, he da man

* it’s funny. mainly because trailer park dwelling ash would rather fuck/drink/get high than “fight evil.” that’s the main theme. many goofy variations.

* there are other characters so it’s not just his face vs. a bunch of monsters—there are sidekicks, adversaries, cops, etc. xena! ha ha ha

* the soundtrack. bit of a classic rock thing (consider ash’s age sex location) but it sounds good loud and it’s well applied and contributes to the comedy &psychedelic aspects of the thing.

* there was a long arc in season 1 with a pretty dark ending in spite of the lols. i was left intrigued by it

eta: since youre into awards etc, rotten tomato rating is 99%
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|