View Single Post
Old 08.01.2018, 06:33 AM   #22722
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Why?

(Kind of a serious question)

I'm sure you already know you can go on youtube and watch clips of all the kills. No need to suffer through the tedious dialogue and "build up."

I don’t strongly dislike it. I probably prefer it to Nightmare on Elm Steeet (man those were some stinkeroos, guys... if you were scared by them in the ‘80s, I *strongly* recommend revisiting, because they are fruit punch), but compared to, say, Halloween or the first two Hellraiser films (I know, Hellraiser is a totally different style, but whatever) ... even, perhaps *especially* Texas Chainsaw Madsacre... they fall pretty flat.

Now I will say I thoroughly enjoyed the remake despite being a Michael Bay production because it upped the “unstoppable killing machine” factor and actually dug right in with a very bizarre 30-minute intro sequence wherein you meet and get to know characters who die horrible deaths before the opening title credit even runs. I loved that, and thought it was an interestingly experimental tactic for a super mainstream reboot franchise.

I also SUPER dig Rob Zombie’s first Halloween remake. The second one is pulpified balls, but the first is an odd, slow-burning, also experimental horror flick that really delights in the extended sequences of high tension. I dug it a whole lot more than I expected to, and that made the utterly disappointing sequel all the more godawful.

Nightmare reboot is trash. Texas Chainsaw reboots are fun, like Friday the 13th, despite being Bayjobs.

I basically consider the pantheon ‘80s horror bads to be Michael Meyers, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhies and Pinhead.

The world probably deserves a proper Hellraiser reboot, but I won’t hold my breath.

What were we talking about again?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|