View Single Post
Old 02.12.2008, 04:03 PM   #32
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
GLUTPOSTING, yeah!

1. How many pages do you think a decent book should ideally have?
Some.
2. What's you favourite colour on the following:

- Socks
- Shirts
- Trousers
- Shoes

Socks: preferably black, but I spend minimal time thinking about them and rarely pair them.

Shirts, it depends on the cut - work shirts I tend to prefer dark blues, purples, reds or good old white; evening shirts should be loose with an unobtrusive collar; I tend to prefer where the buttons are hidden by a flap, but otherwise largely unnoticable (i.e. black); Collars never buttoned but with buttons; a simple and non-garish design; one breast pocket on the left, preferably tailored; it's important to get the seam between the back on the sleeves right - this isn't about my size, it's about how a shirt should hang - and a little bit of fabric on the insides of the collars doesn't go awry. Colour-wise, I tend towards darker shades with a pattern, usually stripes going downwards - I'm lucky to be thin.

Trousers: For work I wear bog-standard work trousers, black and ironed. Casual are black or green, a good fit but not skinny. A good belt, but not necessarily anything fancy. It's very important that the length is right - there's little more annoying than dragging trousers, except trousers that expose your shins when one sits down. Pockets are tricky ones - I have some that I hate the pockets on, but I never think to look when I'm shopping (especially as I largely shop in charity shops).

Shoes: I'm very particular about these. Very particular. I used to settle for DMs, but I'm glad that dark period is over. They will be black leather. They will have a buckle that's noticable but not ostentatious. They will have rounded toes but not 'square-rounded' or 'pointy-rounded'. I don't like when the seam between the bottom and the upper has that pokey-uppy finish. It's a neccesity of shoe-making to have some, but they're hideous if it's noticible. Poor shoe-manship if you ask me. The heel should be just shy of an inch. This means my heels wear out a lot (with the dancing) but that's better than walking on stilts. If it's too flat then it's a ballroom dancing shoe, and while I'd love some, unless they're hand-made, they'll die in 2 months. If a pair of shoes are agonising to wear for the first fortnight, then stick with them - they'll be the most comfortable shoes you've ever worn. I have no preferences over shoes horns, although I have a lovely rosewood one.

EDIT: Indian or Italian leather.

3. What is you favourite bell sound?

Generally the lead bell at the church round the corner. Hideous overtones if you get close enough.

4. Do you like frogs?

No strong feelings.

5. Can you explain a complex concept using the minimum amount of words?

Yes; this isn't one.

6. How many times do you find yourself bored on average per day?

Haven't been bored for years now.

7. Have you ever had a disatrous sexual experience (keep the details to a minimum, if you must give an account of some sort).

Yes.

6. Do you recycle?

Episodically.

7. How many hours do you sleep at night?

7-9.

8. Would you be intimidated by giving a speech in front of a numerous crowd?

No; actually, the bigger the crowd the less nerve-wracking it is.

9. What's your favourite geometrical shape?

Can I come back to this one?

10. Do you talk a lot in public?

On and off.

11. Would you consider yourself to be a confident person?

Sometimes yes, sometimes, no.

12. Do you have air conditioning in the house?

Where do you think I live, Doha?

13. Do you have an ambivalent relationship with pets or animals in general?

Not ambivalent, no. I fucking hate them.

14. Are you the sort of person who takes medication for the mildest of headaches?

I have a personal motto - "all medication should be recreational"

15. How much water do you drink on average per day?

4-8 pints, but not on drinking days.

16. What's your views on piercing?

Ambivalent. Perhaps I should have a piercing as a pet.

17. Are you a violent or aggressive human being?

Violent and aggressive, but not physically.

18. How many days or hours can you go without food?

Have gone 3 days, but I hope to never have to do that again.

19. Have you got a major and detrimental addiction to anything?

I don't believe so; others disagree.

20. What are your plans for this world?

Covert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|