View Single Post
Old 02.07.2011, 04:46 AM   #29
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I guess I'm confused, because it's basically just perfect (mostly instrumental) versions of old Magic Band songs. There really isn't anything to it other than that. It's nothing less than stellar, considering it's just the same musicians palying the same awesome songs they've been playing for 40 years. Granted, no Captain on top ranting away kinda sucks, but it helps to highlight the music.

BTW, everyone, my new # 1 is the 2nd half of VETERAN'S DAY POPPY. I'm going to just call it (instrumental part of vdp). Hell, Black Sabbath would have given it its own title!

I thought they made whole new material that wasn´t very great. Well, maybe I have to listen it too.

I am just listening Mallard from youtube and I have to say I was very suprised! Very great band, of course not as great as Beefheart at his best, but I think that material I have listened is much better than for example Unconditionally-material. Somebody has said to me, that Mallard has kind of country influences, but I think there is not that much of them (well maybe in that "Desperato" song is), I think they´ve gone more seventies prog-rock direction and that was a great direction to me!!! Definetely I try to search both Mallard albums (I like also the second lp-material).

By the way, have you got original Beefheart vinyls? I have only Lick my Decals, Mirror Man, Bluejeans and maybe Doc (There´s only plain paper-bag inside of it, maybe I´m wrong but I remembered my friend had a version there´s some Beefheart drawings on the paper bag). Mirror and Bluejeans are not in best condition, there is that kind of gatefold in Mirror man, there is a hole in front cover and a little piece left over it someday in the past (they were second hand already I bought them). Trout mask is seventies reprise-re-release, in covers it is said "Straight" but the labels are "Reprise" and the lyrics are not with. The rest of my vinyls are all re-releases, Unconditionally is from the seventies, the rest are eighties or newer pressings.

About Veteran´s day, I have always liked a lot a that song, it´s just so great ending of the album!!!
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|