View Single Post
Old 02.06.2011, 12:46 PM   #26
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
which songs? you mean, Mallard? Or the reformed magic band? the reformed magic band didn't have any original songs. As for mallard -- the first mallard album, with art tripp and drumbo and zoot horn and rocket morton and so on.. that is actually a damn good album. The second mallard album isn't even as good as UNCONDITIONALLY GURANTEED.

Drubmo released a new cd a few years back called CITY OF REFUGE.. it has gary lucas on it, I beleive, as well as rocket morton,ella guru, zoot horn rollo, etc.. all songs written by drumbo. It's got some damn good songs on it. There are at least 4 songs on that disc that are as good as, oh, CLEAR SPOT, or something. But all in all it's not the most consistent release in the world, but I do dig it.

drumbo did some stuff with henry kaiser that is worth a listen also.

I meaned reformed Magic Band. I have heard the album they made isnīt very good. I have known they formed Mallard in the seventies, but never heard any songs from them. Never heard about that Drumboīs solos. I have to listen the Mallard and Drumbo material some day.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|