View Single Post
Old 04.11.2008, 12:52 PM   #1089
NWRA
children of satan

NWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's asses
I'm skim-reading In Search Of Lost Time again, because Proust is easily my favourite writer: the way that he describes the tones and textures of things, the subjects that he writes about (the psychological idiosyncrasies of people, his philosophies, 'society') and the long, intertwining storyline which is so full of surprises (and retrospective irony)... I just can't comprehend that there will ever be anything written that can match it. And he was gay.

I'd be grateful if anyone could help me with these questions:

1) I love New York Trilogy by Paul Auster. What is his second-best book?

2) I once tried to read Anna Karenina but stopped after 200 pages, at the point where Levin goes back to his farm and Tolstoy starts describing ancient Russian farming-techniques. I just thought 'why am I reading this?'. Should I try again, and be more patient?
NWRA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|