View Single Post
Old 06.28.2013, 05:56 PM   #490
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I think Opera is Argento's best by a longshot. I've seen so many of his films, and frankly, I thnk he's overrated save a handful. Suspiria is one of the good ones though yes. Opera is on a whole nother level though.

when you say Classic what are you after though louder? I'd say I'm an expert on slashers in particular (I've seen well over 100 of them) and am very very well versed in 80's, 70's stuff... and a lot of 90's... I'm a lot more picky about stuff from recent years.

Let The Right One In that sev mentioned was great. Though borderline horror. It felt like drama horror? Excellent though.

Never heard of The Dead Girl.

I didn't think High Tension was that great.

I wasn't sure what he meant by classic either, so I picked the first few that came to mind.

Opera is excellent, but Suspiria had me sleeping with a nightlight... At 30.
High Tension is my girlfriend's favorite. Deadgirl is a must see, though less horror than it's made out to be. Pretty disturbing, but only horror by default.

Why can't I think of any other good recent horror flicks?

Slasher is a genre in its own. Not everyone who's into horror is into slasher. Though I must say, Wolf Creek was excellent, recent, and was influenced by slasher films.

The 80s were so much better. Horror was a different fucking world back then.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|