View Single Post
Old 09.02.2007, 12:19 PM   #23
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
diamondsea told me the previous night, Thurston hadn't spoken a word during the DDN set.
It happened again friday (to repeat itself saturday).
That was a bit odd.
When the encore got played, he then spoke to the crowd.
I really enjoyed the show. The sound for me was great, Steve Shelley's performance wonderful (Cross the Breeze and more).
Highlights were Breeze, Joni, Kissability, Jams (Steve Shelley one more time) and Pink Steam, the into of which seems to stretch more and more in a beautiful way.
I liked Providence by the way; it was Thurston playing with the Watt tape. "Thurston?" was repeated quite a few times, which was funny.
On the whole it was a bit (I mentioned that the following night to _slavo_) as if we were watching a wrestle game. On one side, the audience favourites, DDN, on the other, the band's new faves, the RR songs. No winner, but I felt the RR show was a tad better in that band members enjoyed that a lot - not that they played DDN badly - far far from that.
To lalie : Kim was wearing the same outfit she was wearing in Paris.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|