View Single Post
Old 03.09.2015, 05:48 PM   #274
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

rebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
I understand not reading a book by or about someone I don't find interesting. I can appreciate Kim as a vocalist, and her sense of fashion is sometimes interesting (two things I wouldn't have considered "art" some years back. I've changed my mind on that in more recent times which I'm thankful for, for my own sake). I say I don't find Kim interesting, and my opinion regarding her being "superficial" is based off what little she's vocalized through the years. Now she says a lot and there's some newfound interest in her. Or maybe the newfound interest is based more off the fact that she was cheated on than anything else. I mean before this, she was always sort of the "mystery" element of what was Sonic Youth. Then all of this and she just seems soooo obvious as a person. The fans become so obvious as people. It's like watching a bunch of folks whine over some Lifetime movie and I find that strange. I do find her interesting within the context of Sonic Youth. She's important in that realm. I can understand why others might find her interesting in other ways, even if I tend to disagree most of the time. And it's not that I don't appreciate women as some have suggested. I just think it's silly when they have to talk about what it means to be a woman in rock, as opposed to just rocking the fuck out which has endless more to say. Anyone who knows me knows my love for Patti Smith, as a person as well as an artist, is on par with any of those other people I've praised through the years...most notably Iggy Pop. They are both two different sides of the same coin. Both understand the beauty of going batshit crazy for art's sake, as well as how to calm down for the sake of intelligent convo. I like when people are multifaceted and willing to reinvent themselves for virtually any reason. It's OK for people to contradict themselves. It's OK to not be the same person all the time.

shit man, the whole band used to be mysterious to me. then you grow up and realize nothings really mysterious. you lose yr virginity, but not in like a sexual way or for the first time way, but in finally getting that woman you've always wanted. then saying ok. got it. moving along.
rebeccagotcursedout is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|