View Single Post
Old 10.22.2010, 03:34 AM   #12875
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Haha, I've seen the first Battle Royale probably a hundred times (probably because it was my ex-girlfriend's favorite movie of all time). It's really good! Silly concept and all, and it feels like it'd get old, but something makes it compelling.. just brilliant performances by the children; they really do a lot of cool shit with the concept... The sequel is THE WORST FUCKING FILM EVER, though. Just about, at least. It's like a war movie! It's horrible.

It's funny, cos I sort of liked the idea a lot, although it did feel more like the premise for a video game than a movie. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been turned into one - unless it has. I just couldn't get beyond the whole, "ok, so who's this Japanese looking fucker in relation to the fifteen other Japanese looking fuckers I've just been looking at?" It didn't help that they were all in school uniforms, although I should atleast be grateful that it was a mixed school so I could distinguish those in trousers from those in skirts - and the two outright baddies, who they managed to get to stand out by having not wear school uniforms at all. And Takeshi, of course.

It's weird, I never have this problem watching regular war films, where people look even more alike. I just think I hasve a real problem with Japanese faces. If they're fat they all look like odd job and if they're skinny they all look like Ruichi Sakamoto, and if they're female they all really do look identical to me. I'll stop on that though, before I make myself seem even more racist than I actually am.

Anyway, I'll watch BR2 today. The fact you've described it as being so bad makes me all the more intrigued. I just looked at some stills and it seems like they've recognised my problem of 'they all look the bleedin' same' by varying the haircuts a bit, which should help matters on that end, anyway.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|