View Single Post
Old 01.13.2018, 10:40 AM   #22060
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
watched Blade Runner 2049. Pretty good. Nice cinematography and a really effective score. Ambient, mostly added to the movie, vs the garbage on the Dunkin Dunkirk thing. I thought it was wrapped up ineffectively with the necessary, but overdone Deker thing as well as a fairly unbelievable group of rebels. If the state was so powerful and overarching, it should have dealt with the rebels and the K deviance post fucking haste. The digital girlfriend would have reported K's every move. But, all in all, pretty decent.

Deckard.
It’s Deckard.

I’m glad you liked it, but I think you’re missing a bit of the underlying thread, which is that these various machines are approaching humanity, and developing human consciousness, awareness, and even something approaching physiology and neurochemisty, so the “digital girlfriend” essentially loved K, and fought its own programming to protect him.

That said, it fucking DID record his every move. That actually happened throughout the movie, and is the reason why the “state” (corporation) actually WAS able to track K down and “handle him” pretty “Post-haste.”

So... pay better attention.

Also, K’s supervisor covered for him and died for it. That only bought him about an hour.

The whole movie takes place over the course of about two days. I’d say they handled the deceptive android cop pretty post-haste, since they, y’know, hunted him down and left him for dead and eventually actually did kill him.

I agree the resistance thing was a little sloppy, but it’s a grander concept. Something to leave open to the audience of the next 30 years, since I don’t think a third volume is going to happen any time soon.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|