View Single Post
Old 08.10.2007, 06:45 PM   #23
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i started hating the markers when a) most of what i've heard didn't come close to blues for randy sutherland, which is superb, and b) when i saw them live and were such a talentless bored waste of time; in fact, they always seemed like they were just bored and trying to seem noisy and chaotic but were just in a "good enough" plan; i even posted lenghtly about how much they sucked in the old board, because they did.

but the i heard road pussy, something they did right after leah left the band and eliza probably thought she needed to actually give a crap about what she was playing to fill out their sound and, by baphomet, they did it, they had riffs, chaotic structures that drifted and returned cyclically, everything in their maelstrom style, it's like they finally arrived at deep substance.

again, i'm kinda disappointed they didn't chose to explore that side of them as they are...i was going to type that they were talented for it but talented is definitely not the word, the really inspiring thing about the markers is that they have absolutely no talent, but once they give a shit and put their hearts into it (like they did in randy sutherland and road pussy), they could find an amazing voice of their own that sounded a few levels up in the punk chaos noise department, you know, what makes so many bands so inspiring...as i was saying i'm kinda disappointed in that but maybe this new album is something good and might even incorporate the road pussy vibe to more developed songs.

also, how many "noise" bands can you say are really experimental? the markers are and that's something to be recognized.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|