Thread: Evol
View Single Post
Old 07.09.2006, 09:43 PM   #9
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesonicevol
This album is damn near my favorite for many reasons. The themes of this album are about experienceing things and newness I think. It relates a lot to teenage wildlife. Everything's new and seems exciting until it dies at around 25 or earlier. You have the love songs: Green Light and Starpower. You have the rockers: Bubblegum and Tom Violence. All of the other songs are damn brilliant as well. The rocking sonic narrative In the Kingdom #19 is brilliant. This entire album hints at Sister and beyond but is definitly its own thing. The cover is another great love of mine. LUNG LEG. You have to love that. Kim songs are just as strong as Thurston songs and overall it's really balanced out. SECRET GIRL!!!!! Totally eerie on Kim's part.....Like she's in an old attic full of used 1940's toys. The piano in the background is like a little music box.............completly creepy goodness. Shadow of a Doubt is great. Like witnessing a murder on a subway......not that that's good or anything but that's what it makes me think of. When Kim says "she knows how to make love to me" I always get a little stimulated. Overall, this record is amazing. I could go on about it but i think Ive said enough. Hopefully this gives you reasons to like this album.

And a little number called Expressway...