View Single Post
Old 09.16.2009, 04:59 PM   #42
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Aren't most such problems solved by getting a mate with a Mac to run your hard-drive as a slave, get all the information off and re-format everything?

Ultimately though, I agree with you. Apple are, if at all, only marginally less mercenary a company than Microsoft. The choice should come down to application - arty things, music, go with Mac; games, internets, word processing - PC; abject masochism - Ubuntu.

arty things go with mac? im trying to edit video for fuck's sakes. macs eat shit. final cut pro eats shit too-- avid is better. protools runs on both.

I'M GETTING A THINKPAD AS SOON AS I GET SOME MONEY.

so i booted in safe mode-- it cacked when i opend a folder. i suspect hardware failure-- leaking caps on the motherboard, faulty power supply, ram taking a shit, focked hard drive. something. my friend's HD died 3 days after the warranty had expired.

the thing with apple is not that they are less mercenary-- they are MORE mercenary. they try to sell you utter and complete shit at every turn. they are like california drug pushers offering you "good stuff" and then "better stuff" that will cost you double.

they are a more mercenary cuz they make shit that's defective by design, like the fucking battery that fell on my lap 3 weeks or so ago-- it's held by tape now, cuz it was held by a flimsy piece of shitty soft metal and "fixing it" is not covered by warranty and costs over $600 (not sure in pounds).

IM GETTING A NEW THINKPAD AS SOON AS I GET SOME MONEY.

those suckers are built to last.

oh yeah-- vista business, here i come, apple and their marketing whoredom can go eat a decroded piece of shit.

i'm going to need some whisky tonight, holy mother of fuck.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|